I’ve hosted my blog on Wordpress since 2011. For no apparant reason the wordpress engine failed to render the post content properly. After a couple of hours playing with backups, and trying to work out what bit was failing - it was time to throw the whole sorrid mess out the window.
I installed the export to Jekyll plugin and download the Zip file. I then merged it with a new Jekyll site and applied the flexible-jekyll theme.
Hosting, is still on Microsoft Azure. This time, not in AKS or App Service, but in Azure Blob Storage as a static site with CDN. I shall write this up fully another time :)